Rugby Canada cordially invites you join us for our 2019 Annual Awards as we digitally acknowledge and recognize outstanding individuals whose efforts have made a significant impact on the sport of rugby in Canada.
The Rugby Canada Annual Awards ceremony is normally a fun filled event where members of the rugby community gather to celebrate outstanding achievements from the past year. As we all know, the COVID-19 pandemic has prevented gatherings like this. However, we still had awards to give out and we decided to do so virtually this year!
From August 4th to 8th, Rugby Canada acknowledged and recognized 13 outstanding individuals whose efforts have made a significant impact on the sport of rugby in Canada. If you missed the live presentations, please view the archived videos below and join host, Gareth Rees, as he presents awards and chats with 13 recipients in the following categories:
- Player of the Year (Men's & Women's Fifteens) - Matt Heaton, QC; Olivia DeMarchant, NB
- Player of the Year (Men's & Women's Sevens) - Nathan Hirayama, BC; Britt Benn, ON
- Young Player of the Year (Men's and Women's) - Will Percillier, BC; Elizabeth Gibson, ON
- Coach of the Year (Men's and Women's) - Aaron McDonald, ON; Catherine Laing, AB
- Match Official of the Year - Shanda Mosher Gallant, BC
- Volunteer of the Year - Ian "Macca" Maclean, BC
- Provincial Union of the Year - Rugby Alberta
- Canadian Shield Award (Player's Vote for Player of the Year - Men) - Patrick Parfrey, NFLD
- Gillian Florence Award (Player's Vote for Player of the Year - Women) - Olivia DeMarchant, NB
A big congratulations to this year's winners from all of us at Rugby Canada - We thank you for all that you do!
Thank you to our award sponsors: DHL, HSBC, Honda Canada, Newmont, Velocity Trade, Langara Fishing Adventures, The Butchart Gardens, Helijet, Bodylogix, Monty Heald Fund, Canadian Rugby Fund, and Gilbert Canada