Manager, National U20 Men’s Fifteens Team
Title: Manager, National U20 Men’s Fifteens Team
Type of Position: Voluntary Fixed Term Contract (Subject to annual review)
OBJECTIVE OF MANAGER, NATIONAL U20 MEN’S FIFTEENS PROGRAM
To manage the operational and logistics requirements of the Canada Under 20 Team, assisting the Canada U20 Coach to create a winning and totally professional environment.
TIME COMMITMENTS AND LOCATIONS
May/June – National Camp in Victoria – May 15 to June 6 - JWRT qualifiers in Houston –June 7 to June 17
August – National Camp (Tentative dates August 15-23)
August/September – JWRT in Romania – Dates August 24- September 10
The Manager, National U20 Men’s Fifteens Team will:
- Team & Camp Logistics Requirements
- Organize in consultation with key Rugby Canada staff all team logistical requirements including; co-ordination of all travel; accommodation; outfitting; equipment needs etc.
- Build effective relationships with external providers and other business networks to ensure all team requirements are met
- Co-ordinate all media interaction and releases where required
- Player Management
- Ensure all players understand their obligations to Rugby Canada including key sponsor deliverables, promotions requirements, fundraising attendance, etc.
- To work with the Rugby Canada to ensure all players comply with established requirements i.e. medical team, media, promotional obligations etc.
- Provide information, support and feedback to the Coach and Rugby Canada to enable team members to perform to their maximum potential
- Ensure all players are well versed on drug protocols and consequences if applicable.
- Manage player payments as required for pay-to-pay tours and camps
- Team Behavior and Discipline
- Development of team protocols and standards in conjunction with the coaches and players
- Ensure all players and staff sign and adhere to Rugby Canada Code of Conduct
- Establish appropriate disciplinary standards as per Rugby Canada policies
- Ensure agreed team protocols are lived by all team members, through internal controls and reinforcement by team management
- Resolve any issues or conflict in a timely fashion, and foster a positive environment within the team
- As part of the management team provide leadership and direction for all team members
- Organizational Management
- Establish and maintain effective systems and processes to manage and monitor the team’s operational management requirements
- Develop and manage the team’s financial budget in conjunction with the identified Rugby Canada Team Administrator
- Monitor expenditure to ensure that the budget is met
- Complete End of Tour and other requested reports as required and within agreed time frames
- Team Management
- Lead own area of responsibility and provide expert advice on matters impacting own area to the management team
- Promote and foster a Canadian team culture where values such as; teamwork; hard work; honesty; integrity, etc. are displayed by all members
- Provide strong direction and leadership to all members of the Management team
- Providing support and assistance to the Coach as required
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
Reports to: Coordinator, Player Development and Talent ID
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Works closely internally with: Head Coach & Assistant Coach Men’s U20 program, Team Medical Staff, Players.
B. Decision Making Authority
The Manager, National U20 Men’s Fifteens Team must seek approval from the Coordinator, Player Development and Talent ID for any decisions with financial implications and the Head Coach for any decisions affecting team performance.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Proficient with the use of the Microsoft suite of programs; Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent people management and leadership skills